Monday 8 April 2019

Time Off from Writing while Enjoying Other Creative Pursuits #BYBin30


I took today off from writing my story. Instead of working on my story, or even thinking about it, I enjoyed a new song that came out from one of my favourite singers, I practised my own singing (and got complimented on it by my kids, which, as most of the ones at home now pre-teens and teenagers is a BIG DEAL, because teenagers are begrudging when it comes to compliments), practised my Korean language skills, and worked on writing a new song.

I still engaged in creative activities, which kept my imagination in use, but I took a break from writing this particular story because I felt as thought I was blocked and I needed the break from it.

Tomorrow, I will write some more of the story, and, with any luck, this little break will help bring about some fresh ideas for it. Sometimes, when I am feeling blocked with a story, all I need to get writing again is a mini-break to refresh my mind.

What do you do when you are suffering with writer's block or a story is not coming easily to you? I'd love to hear about it in the comments! How is your story coming along so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will show up when approved.