Wednesday 3 April 2019

Keeping the Story Moving Along #BYBin30


I haven't done any actual writing yet today. It's only 5:00pm here though, so I still have time. I've spent some time today thinking about how to move my story along from where it is. At the moment, my main character is trapped inside a world created by another writer, a world that was set in a long ago past and in a different country.

The plan is that she will, eventually, get pulled back into her world again, but that the other protagonist ends up being pulled back into her world with her. I'm just not sure if I want that to happen at this point in the story or later in the story. I also haven't decided if this is going to be a novelette, a novella or a full-length novel.

But this is all part of planning and plotting a story. As my story moves along, I suppose it will dictate to me how long it intends to be, but in the meantime, I have to figure out how to keep it moving. 

The first day writing this story was a piece of cake. the idea came to me in a dream and I wrote the part of the pot that I had already dreamed in 12 hours, writing 10,365 words of the story. But then I set it aside for many months, and now I'm having to get a feel for the story all over again. when I haven't outlined ahead of time, that fresh, bright, first writing of a story comes so easily, but then the story becomes a bit more work because I have to make sure that, as the story grows and moves forward, everything still connects and makes sense.

How are you doing with your writing this month? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will show up when approved.