Tuesday 9 April 2019

Obstacles to Writing #BYBin30

Image by Pintera Studio from Pixabay
Today, I sat down to write, and it was yet another day where my laptop is not charging properly. It's been having this issue for over a year now. Some days, it charges better than other days. Today was one of those days where I had to hold it at a certain angle and put pressure against the cable where it attached to the charging port. This caused my hand to ache, but it was the only way to not lose charge on my laptop.

It had the unfortunate result in that it was difficult to write. I like typing with both hands. When I am limited to just one hand, it takes longer to type and, when the other hand has to hold the cable just-so at the same time, that hand starts to hurt which is a distraction from my writing.

I'm one of those people who will find a way to write despite the distractions. I will probably do some writing by hand tonight on a notepad and then type it up tomorrow, despite the discomfort. One benefit of doing this is I can catch typos, spelling mistakes and awkward or just plain bad grammar when I type up what I've hand written.

Obstacles to our writing can take many forms. And there is no one solution to getting past, around, over or through those obstacles. Perseverance is the only thing that matters.

What kinds of obstacles are you facing to your writing? What have you done to overcome your obstacle(s)? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will show up when approved.