Thursday 4 April 2019

Refreshing the original story in my mind and going from there #BYBin30

Image by nile from Pixabay
I spent today re-reading the words already written in my story, so that I could refresh the story in my mind, making it easier to start from the correct point and to remember the plans I had for it. Usually when I re-read something I wrote in the past, I hate it, but I quite enjoyed the story so far, which I think is a good sign.

I didn't write much more on the story today, only another 329 words. (I didn't do any writing yesterday.) I'm becoming more familiar again with my characters and the issues they are facing.

Here's a short excerpt from the story:
As she turned, she started to fade. Kai could see through her to the objects behind. In a panic, he reached his hand out and grabbed onto her arm, squeezing tightly. 
She instantly came back into focus, the strange transparency was gone. Had he been seeing things? Thinking of how she arrived here and from where, he thought that maybe he hadn’t been imagining it.  
She turned back to him in surprise at his sudden grip, wobbling slightly in place, placing one hand on her forehead.
“You were disappearing,” he said. “Did you feel it happening?” 
“I felt dizzy, but it went away when you touched me.”
So that's it for my update for today. How is your story coming along? Anything about it you'd like to share? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will show up when approved.