Sunday 21 April 2019

Do You Have a Writing Companion? #BYBin30


Do you have a writing companion? No, I don't mean a person who helps you with your story, although those are great to have too. I mean a pet that hangs out with you when you write and takes an inordinate amount of interest in your laptop or notebook?

Many writers do. Some have writing companions in the form of dogs and some have writing companions in the form of cats.

While I do have a dog who loves to lay at my feet when I write, it has always been my cats that have taken the most interest in my writing endeavours. They are sort-of like familiars for the wizardry of writing. (And yes, they do often generate new ideas for my stories while they are playfully interrupting my writing).

Here are some photos of my writing companions busy at their writing-companion work.

Pagan, who passed away over three years ago, frequently cuddled up beside me as I worked, often grabbing my arm between his upper paws so that I was forced to stop typing and pet him.


Loki started training to be my writing companion from when he was only an itty-bitty kitten.



As he grew, he even practised his writing companion skills by using his abilities to help visiting writers.


And now, he is a fully-capable writing companion who takes his job very seriously.


Writing companions can take many forms. I know people who have writing companion dogs and even one with a writing companion rabbit. But not all pets are born to be writing companions. I have a dog (Mercury) and a cat (Jynx) who have never attempted the task.

What about you? Do you have a writing companion? Let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will show up when approved.