Friday 28 April 2017

Day 28 - Story Conclusions #BYBin30


image found on Pinterest here
I've been in a bit of a writing funk lately, and, aside from the post that announces the prize winners, this will be the last blog post for this year's challenge, and, since we are supposed to be nearing the ends of the stories we are writing, I thought I'd leave you with some images with quotes about endings.

image found on Pinterest here 
Finishing stories is difficult. Everything needs to tie together and the ending needs to satisfy the reader. There is nothing easy about writing those last chapters of your story.

image found on Pinterest here 
Endings don't have to be happy to be satisfying, although many readers do prefer happy endings. the most important thing about the story's ending is that it makes sense within context of the rest of the story.

image found on Pinterest here
If your ending isn't working for you, change it. You're the author, you can write the ending that satisfies you the most. If you are satisfied with your ending, chances are that your readers will be satisfied too.

How have your stories and writing been coming along during the challenge?

*****

Give-away


Today's give-away is a surprise. I might make something. I might buy a trinket of some sort. It will be a complete surprise. Even I don't know yet what today's prize will be. If you are a signed-up member of the challenge, all you have to do to be entered into the give-away is leave a comment on this post by April 30th. A winner will be chosen on April 30th, 2017 by using a random number generator.



2 comments:

  1. Great quotes :) I've been in a bit of writing funk too... though I have been editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still writing daily; still chipping away at a number of projects, but the blog posts have stayed in rough draft form as the pain and painkillers are playing with my head.

    I often know the ending before I start; endings change at times depending on the direction the story takes, but it's usually in the middle where I tend to go off in several directions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will show up when approved.